Friday, April 30, 2010

My weigh-in

You know how boxers have a big public weigh-in a few days before they fight? They make a big production with cameras and lights and then they stand nose to nose with the opposing boxer for a photo-op.

That was me today… minus the other baby and the big public spectacle and the cameras. No wait, check that… mom and dad definitely had the cameras going.

Point is, there was a lot riding on my weigh-in today. I had lost some weight since birth and since I wasn’t much of a plumper to begin with, the docs wanted to make sure I started putting the lbs back on.

Turns out I’ve put on 5 ounces since my last weigh-in two days ago and everybody seemed quite pleased with that. Doesn’t seem like that big of a deal, but I guess it was like 5 percent of my total weight. That would be like Daddy putting on like 8 pounds in two days. That would probably be a big deal.

So the grand total after one week is: 6 lbs, 12.7 oz.

I was so excited for the big day that I decided to do about 7 or 8 costume changes today. You see, I have a tendency to necessitate costume changes with each diaper change. Haven’t decided whether it’s because of my messes or if my parents just want to see me in all the clothing people gave us as gifts.

Tough call.

Friday also brought on my first bath… perhaps related to the costume changes. Coincidentally I cried my first real tears today too. I had a Jerry Seinfeld moment where I said, “What is this salty discharge?”

After the doctor’s visit for my weigh-in the whole family went to Daddy’s office in Camp Randall Stadium and met his co-workers. Stepping into (or sleeping into) the hallowed Badger stadium was easily one of the coolest moments of my life.

Also… today, April 30th, was also Daddy’s 31st birthday. Whoo-hoo! Auntie Pammie helped celebrate by bringing over dinner. None for me thanks… I’m all set with Mom.

Well, it’s been about nine minutes since my diaper was last changed, so I think I need to go… ooops, yep, gotta go.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Way to go Tyler! What a cute little peanut! Time goes by quickly, so take it all in...oh and keep up the blog! I love it! We can keep in touch through blogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete