Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Big Day Out


Other than a quick walk or short drive in the neighborhood I haven’t really gone out on the town… until today. With Whitney and Brett in town and mom and dad going a little stir crazy, we decided to head to campus and get a little air.

Buuuuut, we’ve learned heading out on the town isn’t as easy as simply getting up and going. I got all dressed and my bag and car were packed, but we decided it would be best to feed me before leaving. Well after 45 minutes of that, I of course, went to the bathroom.

So we do a diaper change and discover that I need an outfit change as well. Naturally. After getting me all cleaned up, it was after noon already and everybody else was getting hungry. By the time they would all eat, I would need to eat again, then diaper, outfit, repeat.

Viscous cycle.

After starting the process around 10 a.m. it was probably 12:30 p.m. or so before we finally got on the road and went to the UW-Madison campus. I gotta start wearing a watch… I never have any idea what time it is.

A nice little walk along Lake Mendota and lunch and the Union. I could definitely see myself here in 18 or so years. Class of 2028! We got spirit yes we do…



Highlights for me were riding in my Cadillac (some call it a stroller) for the first extended amount of time. Smooth as silk and like it’s on rails. Also nursing in public for the first time was a trip. I was in a blanket cave (named a “Hooter Hider”… I kid you not), but I think mom was a bit self-conscience. Probably not an everyday sight at a college union. But hey, it’s a liberal town.

A quick stroll down State Street and a tour of the Kohl Center and I was spent. I’m only five days old for crying out loud. Let’s get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment