Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hiccups and hospitals




So this is life huh? Not too bad.

Spent a couple days/nights in the hospital – of which I probably slept 90 percent of the time. First impressions of this place called world: too bright, too cold and what’s with having to work for food?

First night P.W. (post womb) was interesting. Daddy and I wandered the hospital hallways around 2 a.m. while had hiccups for a solid 30 minutes straight. Not much fun for either of us. This would be a re-occurring theme.

I was a bit quiet in my first day in the world, so much so that my parents started to worry that I was a mute. I know real men don’t cry, so I didn’t even peep when I emerged. Strong like bull.

Never fear though… I found my lungs Friday night. Oh did I find my lungs!

I think the first time I really screamed was when I was undergoing a certain extremely invasive male procedure. What was that all about? Are you kidding me? Thankfully daddy came into the room with me and stood next to me the whole time. First he helps cut my umbilical cord then this… I’m starting to like this guy.

I’m also starting to get my figure back a little as my weight has dipped to 6 lb, 14.5 oz. Nobody’s concerned and I’m loving these slim thighs and dropping the double chin. They tell me it’ll come back, but I’ve started a strict leg spasm and vocal exercise regiment to avoid it.

Other highlights of the two-day hospital stay:
- Finding mom’s milk… jackpot!
- Grandma and Grandpa Stach visiting
- Auntie Pam visits
- So many visitors, don’t judge me if I can’t remember names. I know the Pastor from our church was one of the visitors. That’s pretty cool. She blessed me. I’m kind of a big deal.
- Mom and Dad seemed quite comfortable in the hospital. What’s not to like… great nurses, 24-hour kitchen, room service, flat screen TV, not too shabby
- This swaddling thing really suits me

As nice as this place is, we’re all looking forward to going home Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment