Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hurry, not worry



Remember when Brooks was finally released from Shawshank Prison and he couldn't believe how the world had gone and gotten itself in such a big hurry? That's me... I'm one of the ones hurrying.

I'm not even in that world yet and already I can't sit still. Just wait until I arrive and change my parents life. Ha... they'll have no idea what hit them.

Let's go back to the beginning. My name is... hmmm, I don't have a name yet. How about that? From what I've heard I've been referred by many different names like Baby Bo, Peapod and my personal favorite... the Little Dude.

By my calculations, my journey began sometime in the late summer of 2009. I can't wait 40 weeks to show off, so I'm coming early. I think a week early sounds fair. That way I'm fully cooked, yet I get to enjoy spring in Madison a little longer. Plus, I have to come before Dad's birthday (I think they call him Patrick; he was born on April 30). Yep, the first of MANY times I'm going to beat the old man.

Mom (I've heard Lindsay and MizzHerb a lot for her) and I have become pretty close these last 9 months. Let's just say it's been a lot of one shake, two straws meals between us.

It sounds like we live in Madison, Wis. and have another living creature in the house, although she doesn't say much. Mostly licks, barking and cuddling from that one.

So that brings us back to today and the whole hurrying thing. You wouldn't believe the day I've had!

Here's the blow-by-blow on what I've gone through so far today:

April 21st

5:00 p.m. – I start knocking on the door... just a few love squeezes

6:00 p.m. – Hmm... chicken and noodles. That's gonna have to last Mom and I awhile

8:00 p.m. – Sounds like we went to the hospital triage... silly parents. I'll come out when I'm good and ready. See? Only a few centimeters... close the blinds

10:30 p.m. . – We go home for the night. I don't plan on sleeping though. I'm sowing a few wild oats in here. Last chance to boogie without getting grounded.

April 22nd

8:30 a.m. – Wild oats have been sown... let's do this! I hear the doc say we're 5 cm and contractions are every 3 minutes and lasting 1-2 minutes long. There is some sweating, moaning and wincing going on. Mom might be uncomfortable too.

9:30 a.m. – Doc sends us right to the hospital and they're ready and waiting.

12:00 p.m. – Mom is gonna be ticked at me for this. I'm pretty sure these contractions I'm giving her don't tickle. We're like 9 cm and she still no pain meds… whoa, mom's a stud!

1:30 p.m. – Sweet relief! Whoa, this medicine is awesome!

2:30 p.m. – Apparently mom's trying to sleep. I'm not convinced. Check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment