Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Baptism into Christianity

“Let the children come to me, and do not stop them, because the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”
MARK 10:14

As big as yesterday was in life’s rite of passages, today was much, much bigger. Let’s keep things in perspective here.

Today, I was baptized into the Christian faith at our church Good Shepherd Lutheran. Apparently Jesus Christ was baptized by John the Baptist like a few weeks ago or something, so I figured… if it’s good enough for J.C., it’s good enough for me.

Lots of family in attendance Sunday, including Nana and Papa Herb, Gigi and Rico Stach, Pam Stach and of course Whitney and Brett. Whitney is one of my godparents along with Uncle Tim and Aunt Roxanne Dixon. Sadly, they couldn’t make it, but they were there in spirit. We missed them, but they were mentioned during the ceremony and I know they’ll help raise me spiritually.

Since I’m totally conditioned to water these days – thanks to my swim lessons – this little head sprinkling was no big deal. Whitney held me during the ceremony and Pastor Tim Nybroten (family friend) performed the ceremony. No crying out of me… just Mommy (what’s new, right?).

Mommy and Daddy hosted a little brunch/Packers watch party afterwards for the group. Green Bay 34, Buffalo 7.

All in all, a great day and it feels great not to be a heathen anymore. I kid.

We celebrated the Baptism by taking Whitney and Brett to their first Brewers game at Miller Park (against the Reds). Complete with tailgate, football in the parking lot and box seats behind the plate, we had a blast. Not sure when I’ll get to try my first brat… but I was drooling over the cheddarwursts today.

The game didn’t go as well (lost 5-2) for the home squad as my first Brewers game, but we still had fun. Nice to spend the extra time with Auntie Big Dub.

No comments:

Post a Comment