Monday, September 13, 2010

Swimming Lessons 1.0

I can’t remember if I mentioned this earlier, but Mom’s Father’s Day gift to my Dad was swimming lessons for me and him to take together. Well, I think the lessons are mostly for me… he knows how to swim.

You're supposed to be at least five months to enroll but I'm only 4 months and three weeks. Shhh... don't tell. Thanks Mom.

The lessons started tonight at Swim West only a few minutes from my crib (and our house). I’ve been in a swimming pool and lake before, but this was much more intensive water adaptation. The water felt a little chillier than the pool in Florida I went in. Sent a little tingle through me when the water reached my belly for the first time, but I adjusted.

All in all, I loved it. Not a single tear and hardly a fussy face. I took it like a man as Dad likes to say.

We started with a welcome song and then went through stations designed to get me used to the water in different positions. We practiced getting out of the pool and then jumping in, reaching into the water to grab rings and toys, floating and kicking on my stomach and back and the rain station.

I liked them all. Had a little trouble jumping into the pool seeing as though I can’t stand, jump or hold my breath, but I tried. Probably liked the floating on belly and kicking station the best. I didn’t go under water, the rain station on my head was as close as I got. We’ll work up to that.

More singing and water aerobics to end the 30 minute class. Can’t believe how quickly it went.

My buddy Winston is in the class with his Dad Brandon too which is fun. We’ll be racing in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment