Saturday, September 18, 2010

Baptism into Bucky

Huge weekend for ole T-Clay. Double baptism if you will. First, my baptism into the church of Bucky on Saturday and then baptism into the church of Christ on Sunday.

Equally important rites of passage my Dad jokes. I think.

We had a big group going to the game. I rode on Mommy in the Bjorn and was flanked by Whitney and Brett, Nana and Papa, Gigi and Rico and Pammie. Daddy said he couldn’t sit with us. Something about sidelines and work. Sorry excuse if you ask me.

Things started out quite positive. We took in some of the tailgating flavor and then marched into Camp Randall with high hopes – both for the Badgers (playing Arizona State) and my attention-span.

I made it approximately one quarter before I decided I had had enough of this action. I was taking everything in, taking a particular interest in the many Badger-shaped hats and the occasional cheesehead. It’s a good thing I like the color red, because man there was a lot of it.

I actually did just fine with the noise (thanks Mom for the hand earmuffs). In fact, I fell asleep. Wisconsin was down 7-3 after the first quarter and by the time it reached 10-3, I was done. I didn’t want the Badgers to lose because I was at my first game. That’s a huge burden for my seven-inch shoulders.

Not sure what woke me from my slumber – could have been the wave going around – but I was NOT happy to be awake. The good news was the Badgers were leading 13-10, but that just wasn’t enough. I was passed around like an offering plate at church, but nobody could settle me down.

Finally Mom and I had to go in and watch the second half on TV in Daddy’s office. I ate and took a nap under the conference table… probably the same thing Dad does all day at work.

It made me feel better, but Mom and I missed a great game. The Badgers held on for a 20-19 win when Jay Valai blocked a late extra point.

We met up with the clan afterwards for the fifth quarter and that was more my speed. I can get down with the Chicken Dance. Does this mean I’m more inclined to be a trombone player and I am a football player? Hmmm…

Not sure the next time we’ll be going to a Badgers game, but I’m already looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment