Friday, August 6, 2010

First Brewers Game

You know the scene in the movie “Rudy,” where Rudy’s dad sees Notre Dame’s football stadium for the first time and says, “This is the most beautiful sight these eyes have ever seen”?

That was me Friday night during my first trip to Miller Park for a Brewers game.

Mom, Dad, Joe, Sarah and I went to watch the Brewers play the Diamondbacks and it was a life-changing experience. I loved 99 percent of it. The only time I cried was when Rickie Weeks hit a leadoff double in the bottom of the first inning. It wasn’t that I hated the double, I was just a little spooked by the loud cheering going on in the stadium. Once I realized what was happening, I was into it like a dog on the t-bone.

We had great seats behind the plate and more importantly, behind the screen so foul balls weren’t a danger. I loved the sounds, lights and the trip up to the TV broadcast booth.

As if the experience wasn’t enough, the Brewers scored four runs in the bottom of the ninth inning to come back and win 6-5 on a Prince Fielder walk-off hit.

I’m a spoiled kid, but a Brewers fan for life.

That Brewers game was just the start of our weekend at the Robinson’s cabin. Fun times. Grilling out, boating, hanging with friends and more sleepless nights.

That’s right, I’m still getting up numerous times per night. Sigh.

In better news, I'm starting to show signs of wanting to crawl. When I lay on my stomach I push my self up with my hands and arms now and pick my head up. Sometimes I have thrash my legs around like I'm trying to crawl but can't get traction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment