Sunday, July 18, 2010

Home again, home again

Whew… time to catch our breath and get back into a rhythm. After traveling all over the place and seemingly living more days out of a suitcase than at home… we’re home.

I loved seeing all of the new places and spending time with family, but it’s good to be back in Madison for a little quiet time with Mom and Dad.

In other news today… guess who rolled over again? You got it… this guy.

After rolling over four times in one day about a month and a half ago and then roll-hibernating, I have finally broken the drought. I was laying on my activity mat playing with my dangling animal friends and wanted to look at something to my left.

I turned over onto my side and even swung my legs over, but I pretty much stalled there for quite sometime. Then after much struggle, my arm kind of tucked under me and, boom, there I was on my stomach.

I gotta tell you, it wasn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. I actually didn’t want to be there and couldn’t flip back over.

Papa Rico said it was like a microcosm for life. Sometimes you work so hard to get someplace only to find it’s not as sweet as you had imagined. I have no idea what that means, but he’s a smart guy so it probably makes me sound smart to have it in my blog.

Another big event today, Mom and Dad got me a Bumbo seat.

Whoa. That thing opened a whole new world. I can sit up. No really, with the help of that spongy, cheesehead-like seat I can almost pass for a big kid.

I sat my butt off, too. We even did webcam with Nana and Papa Herb just so they could see me sit. That was hard work because I’m still a little wobbly. I gave it a solid 10 minutes or so, but I was spent after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment