Wednesday, August 18, 2010

4-month Check Up

Does anyone else feel like I am at the doctor much more often than other babies my age? Geez. I like Doc Mallory and Nurse Pricilla and everything but come on. I overheard Mom and Dad talking about some alternative shot schedule they have me on so I don’t get all sorts of vaccinations at once. However, that means monthly trips to the doctor and…gulp…shots at EVERY visit.

I can handle the extra visits because thankfully I never have to go for illness!

So this trip included one oral vaccine and one shot in my increasingly pudgy leg. No matter how often I go for shots, they still sting. Daddy told me to “take it like a man” though so I tried. I held back most of my tears and just let out one loud yelp.

Other than that, my check out grade was ‘A’. I now weigh in at 13 lbs. and 4 oz. and am exactly 2 ft. tall! A little on the small side – but seriously, have you seen my parents? I am continuing to grow around the 30th percentile and steadily along the curve.

Milk, does a body good.

One other noteworthy topic of discussion with Doc Mallory is my need to chomp and drool. She thinks I’m starting to teethe. Not really sure what that means, but if that is what is making my gums sore, I don’t like it.

I have taken a liking to those freezer ice things as well as fingers. Really anyone’s fingers. No preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment