Friday, June 11, 2010

My wings


I got my wings today. That’s right, first flight. Two flights actually, I got a pair-of-wings pin from one of the nice flight attendants on AirTran.

We flew to Florida tonight (via Indianapolis) and it was a pretty easy experience. My parents were prepared to feed me a bottle on the way up and down of each flight as recommended by several people, but it turned out to be unnecessary in three of the four occasions.

I don’t even remember the first flight from Milwaukee to Indy. I just slept in Daddy’s arms throughout the entire thing. I was awake for takeoff to Ft. Myers and I took down a three oz bottle to avoid ear trouble. Perfect.

I was passed around a bit during the flight between Mom, Dad and Nana Herb, who was sitting a few rows back. Then I slept on the way down. Incident free.

The most interesting part of the trip had to be the diaper change in the airplane bathroom. I’m not even two feet tall and even I think that was a ridiculously small space.

Daddy and I wrestled for what seemed like 30 minutes in there as he tried to juggle a diaper bag, messy diaper, wipes, a new diaper and even a costume change for me, all while keeping me from squirming off the tiny excuse for a changing table. Video from a surveillance camera in there would be priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment