Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day with Family

Third weekend, third straight trip to Appleton. I'm starting to get confused where home actually is. I'm especially mixed up when Mom and Dad keep referring to it as going "home to Appleton."

It was another fun trip though, filled with meeting lots of family. Nana Herb's family always gathers at Nana and Papa's house every Memorial Day for a weekend reunion. This year Linda, Mike and Megan Johnson, Jessie and Greg Heidemann, Corky, Diane and Alissa Ochs and Paulette Prentice. Plus, as a bonus, the Dixon family flew in from Pennsylvania which was fun.

I'm not gonna lie, I was a big hit.

The weekend was filled with hanging out with the family and lots of firsts. Saw my first parade, which marched past Nana and Papa's house. Learned Sheephead. Nursed after Mom ate asparagus for the first time (For the record, it did not make my pee smell).

I also took a bottle for the first time. Great success. Took to it like well, a baby to a bottle. The motives for introducing me to a bottle are still in question: for future occasions when it's important? So mom could have an extra drink or two? Who knows?


The best part of drinking from the bottle is that Daddy got to give it to me. As much as I liked it, judging by the glow coming from his face, he enjoyed it even more.

Another big development is that I'm starting to smile more often and it's not just from passing gas. I am genuinely starting to like things and show off that emotion. I can "say cheese."


We got to see Grandma Joan (GiGi) and Grampa Rico some too which was great. We stayed at their house since Nana and Papa's is crazy and crowded with family. We also attended Gigi's retirement party this weekend. Landmark event and we were all proud and excited to be there to celebrate her. She liked showing me off a little too ;)

Now we're back home in Madison and all three of us (four... Aubrey probably too) let out a collective sigh now that things have settled down. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment