Tuesday, June 22, 2010

2 Months Old = SHOTS!

Happy birthday to me. You know how we celebrated? Shots!

No, not those kind of shots... not for 20 years and 10 months anyway. I'm talking immunization shots.

Today marked my two-month anniversary of life and thus, a trip to the doctor. It was a routine check-up and everything was going well. Weighed, measured, checking my eyes, ears, etc. And then... wham, two shots. The nerve.

My weight is up to 10 lbs, 12.8 oz. and I now measure at 22.75 inches (or one-foot, 10.75 inches). Looks like I'm on a healthy climb on the growth chart. A little below average, but climbing steadily. Doctor says overall I look great and I'm healthy and happy.

As for the shots, they actually weren't as bad as Mom and Dad feared. I took one orally and I actually quite liked the nasty serum. The other was a prick in the leg and that wasn't quite as pleasant. However, thanks to the great idea suggested by Doctor Mallory, Mom was feeding me during it. The shot was startling and didn't tickle, but I went right back to nursing a moment later.


Little drama.

Another day at Mommy-Baby hour rounded out what was overall a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment