Sunday, June 27, 2010

Goin' to Kansas City

Another day, another big trip. This time a trip down Memory Lane (Kansas City) for Ma and Pa. Me, I don't really have a memory, but I was a first-timer anyway.

Mom and Dad lived in Kansas City for several years before I was born and Auntie Whitney lives there. We went to visit her and a whole bunch of old friends and go to a wedding. Lots to do. Here's the run-down:

My longest drive to date (about a 7-hour trip that I made close to 9). I was a good little traveler, I'll say myself, sharing the back seat with my sister Aubrey. But, we did have to stop and nurse me twice and I had one particular accident that required all hands on deck. Let's just move on.

Saw a few of Mom's former co-workers Friday morning... teacher friends from Shoal Creek Elementary. Then went to Arrowhead Stadium to see some of Dad's former co-workers. Whoa... I have no idea what Chiefs are or even football for that matter, but that place was cool. I think I'm gonna want to get back there in a few years when things are clicking a little better upstairs.

Next, a BBQ with some group called the KC Crime Family. Not sure why I'm being exposed to mafia at such a young age, but there were plenty of other young-ins there to meet so I felt comfortable.

Buddied up with Carson, Avery, Cooper, Landon, Jay, Emmitt, Malloy, Colton, Carter, Brady, Addison, Alex and soon-to-be born Bailey. Some cool cats in that group... I must say. Don't ask me to remember all those names though. One particular gal (Malloy) caught my eye... or did I catch her's (above)?

Super bummed that I couldn't join the other kids in the bouncy castle though. Soon grasshopper... soon.

Saturday brought about another friend visit to the Whalens... then eating BBQ was on the agenda. Apparently, that's a necessity. For me it was second-hand if you will. Tip: Oklahoma Joe's is still tasty when passed as milk. Try it.

World Cup watch party up next. From the highest of highs (at right)... to utter depression. I thought I was bummed about the bouncy castle... new low when the U.S. lost to Ghana. I got over it moments later when I ate. Again... no memory.

Up next was the Looney nuptials Saturday night. Mom and Dad ditched me for the ceremony... something about not wanting to expose me to the teachings of the church. Just kidding I've been. I guess they were worried I would cry or something.

So Whitney and Brett watched me. GREAT to spend lots of time with Auntie Whitney... she spoils me and I like it.

Mom and Dad scooped me up and took me to the wedding reception. They just wanted to show me off for a bit before Whit and Brett came and got me again for the night. Got to meet lots more neat things. I say things because that includes people and whatever the heck this thing is (right)!

I'm told it was KC Wolf (the Chiefs mascot), but Mom and Dad were more than nervous when he reached out and grabbed me. As for me? I was cool with it... but that's me... cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment