Friday, October 7, 2011

Brewers fever

You could just tell that my relationship with the Brewers was going to be a charmed one when they won 20-0 on the day I was born. I mean, 20 to zero!?!? That just doesn't happen... it was an omen.

Fast forward to season two of the Brewers A.T. (that's "After Tyler") and wouldn't you know it, the Crew has one of its best seasons ever: 96 regular season wins, Central Division title and the probable MVP in Ryan Braun.

I'm a pretty big fan, but Daddy and Rico are even bigger. Alongside Momma and Gigi, the 5 of us took in do-or-die Game Five of the NLDS vs. the Diamondbacks.

We tailgated in the parking lot... with Chex Mix and ice cubes on the menu, I was golden. We had great seats behind home plate and watched the Brewers win 3-2 on a Nyjer Morgan game-winning hit in the 10th inning. Beastmode all around! Aaaaaaaaahhhhh-ctober!

That game definitely ranked in the top 5 sporting events I've attend in my life. Ok, that probably doesn't say much, but even Daddy thought that. Pretty special.

On to the NLCS!

No comments:

Post a Comment